cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Move Multiple AP to A new set of controller all at once.

ritu9336016
Level 1
Level 1

I have about a 100 2700s AP connected to a pair of controller in HA and out of that 100 I would like to move about 50 AP to another pair of Controller altogether, Can this be achieved with the help of Cisco Prime Templates tab, if so how, or any other method. Please point me in the right direction.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

addition to Leo's...

If you have a Cisco Prime in use, you can do that automatically through that one. You can create a new AP configuration profile, where you only configure this setting and then push it out to all APs.

Regards

Dontf forget to rate helpful posts

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why not just set DHCP Option 43?

Hi @Leo Laohoo using Option 43 will get all of the 100 access points to a new controller pair as all those AP are on same switch stack, I only want a selected few AP (about 50 ) to a join the new controller pair.

Are they all the same model?

Yes, all of them are same model.

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

addition to Leo's...

If you have a Cisco Prime in use, you can do that automatically through that one. You can create a new AP configuration profile, where you only configure this setting and then push it out to all APs.

Regards

Dontf forget to rate helpful posts

Do you mean by creating a new template on Cisco Prime and manually selecting the AP and then moving them to a new set of controller by pointing them to their Management IP ?

yes.

Ahh! That Worked Seamlessly. Thank you and I appreciate for pointing me in the right direction.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: