Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving APs to AP groups and Flex Groups through Cisco Prime

Muhammed Adnan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Experts, 

Is there  any means to achieve moving of APs to AP Groups and FlexGroups through Cisco Prime? Could not find this in documentation. 

Moving APs to AP Groups and FlexGroups is a very time consuming activity. Having an option to facilitate through prime would be of great help. 

5 Replies 5

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Isn't there an option in Prime (3.2 in my case) to send a configuration change where you change the AP group?
Just checked, should be possible: Configuration / Templates / Lightweight Access Points / Lightweight AP Template

Hi Patoborli,

Nope. I wanted to do it via templates, however there's is no such option to enforce change of AP groups through templates. 

Prime AP template.PNG

Can however be facilitated through device group configuration, its same as we could do directly in the controller. 

Adding AP to flexGroup forum.png

Interesting. I do have an "AP Group" option in my template on PI 3.2. I assumed that would do what you want.

I am running on PI 3.4. Not sure if there's a reason for this change in new code.

I'm also on 3.4 and I do have the AP Group Name option, it's the next one in the list after the box for Trunk VLAN ID. Do you just need to scroll down the page a bit?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: