Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE 3310 Upgrade

sharpgate
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

We have Cisco 3310 MSE 7.0 installed. What are our upgrade options or this is the latest release we can get to.

Also, if I want to get Location Analytics to work what are my options, which license should I buy and how the licensing schema is setup?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

evram
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

1. The MSE 3310 is only supported up to the 7.3 release. To use the newest releases of MSE that include the CMX Analytics platform MSE version 7.4 or higher is required.

2.In term of upgrade option, we have a program to rehost all existing MSE licenses to a new appliance (whether 3355 physical appliance or virtual appliance), once the new appliance has been purchased.

3. To access CMX Analytics  a CMX license is required. The CMX license only works on MSE version 7.4 or above.

Thanks,

Evyatar

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

evram
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

1. The MSE 3310 is only supported up to the 7.3 release. To use the newest releases of MSE that include the CMX Analytics platform MSE version 7.4 or higher is required.

2.In term of upgrade option, we have a program to rehost all existing MSE licenses to a new appliance (whether 3355 physical appliance or virtual appliance), once the new appliance has been purchased.

3. To access CMX Analytics  a CMX license is required. The CMX license only works on MSE version 7.4 or above.

Thanks,

Evyatar

Thanks for your response. Now I noticed that if I want to go for Virtualization I cannot use Cisco MSE Low-End Virtual Appliance as it doesn't support CMX.

Anyway, just to confirm if we decide to stick with what we have, will we have any Wi-Fi clients tracking options? For example, Cisco Wi-Fi IP phones, Client Laptops locations, etc?

Thanks

Hello,

Sure - if you stick with the 3310 \ 7.0 - you can still track all wifi devices in the network including phones, laptops etc. The device location can be viewed from Prime Infrastructure. Alternitively, you can track RFID tags from a 3rd party vendor and view the location from their appliactions.

Thanks,

Evyatar

Thanks. We already have a license for 1000 RFID tags, can’t they be tracked too from Cisco Infrastructure? Why do we need 3rd party apps for that?

By the way the version we have for Cisco Prime Infrastructure is 1.3.0.20

You can track RFID tags either from Prime Infrastructure or from the 3rd party UI. They provide different views and functionality  - but both are options.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card