cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MSE CLI help

Cisco1619
Level 1
Level 1

My WCS said that my 3310 MSE in an unreachable state this week. I was not able to ping it so I consoled into it and was lost in the CLI. This is the first time I have ever logged into my MSE via the command line. It is a completely different CLI than my switches. Does anyone know a good resource to learn the CLI commands on an MSE? It looks like it is some form of Linux, but I am not sure of that. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

(I was able to get a command that allowed me to get back into the initial start up screen and figure out what happened to make the MSE unreachable)              

3 Replies 3

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Here are some important commands:

Check system status

start|stop|restart|reload|status
/etc/init.d/msed status
or
# getserverinfo

Starup Wizard
/opt/mse/setup/setup.sh

start|stop|restart|reload|status
/etc/init.d/network restart

ifconfig eth0
View the network settings on the first Ethernet adapter installed in the computer.

ifconfig -a
Display info on all network interfaces on server, active or inactive.

ifconfig eth0 down
If eth0 exists would take it down causing it cannot send or receive any information.

ifconfig eth0 up
If eth0 exists and in the down state would return it back to the up state allowing to to send and receive information.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Mishkin
Level 1
Level 1

Did you find any solution about it? We are experiencing exactly the same issue and we have the same troubles about CLI.

Best regards

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please refer to the link that will surely help you-

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/wcs/7-0MR1/configuration/guide/WCS70MR1/ovr.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card