cancel
Announcements

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Re: Multiple SSIDs and VLANs on 1832i with Mobility Express

I had this same issue, and searched high and low...  debug on the 2811 router doing my static DHCP reservations for the additional WLANs  showed nothing, I was converting from NM-WLC to ME, so thought some of that config such as the 'interface wlan-controller0/0.x'was it, carefully developed a cut and paste to change over and back out the changes, and it made no difference... I used the 'connection' and 'event log' at the bottom of the ME client window to see that the DHCP requests seemed to be going out...  I upgraded from the recommended 8.5 to 8.8, and no change...  I sat there for another hour just thinking about how to test, thinking it had to be in the switch, but things like helper addresses were not required, and then BAM...  I realized the VLAN was not defined in the switch that was powering the 1832...    One simple command in the switch and it started working...   even after 20 years, the simple stuff still gets you once in a while..

It may not be your issue, but the symptoms are the exact same...  

CCIE# 6771
Beginner

Re: Multiple SSIDs and VLANs on 1832i with Mobility Express

I tried all the suggestions in this thread and none worked for me until I looked into the flexconnect configuration.

I checked the flexconnect configuration by running this command "show ap config general AP1234.5678...." and it was disabled.

(Cisco Controller) >show ap config general AP1234.5678....
FlexConnect Vlan mode :.......................... Disabled

To enable Flexconnect on the AP I ran the following commands:

config ap disable AP1234.5678....

config ap flexconnect vlan enable AP1234.5678....

config ap enable AP1234.5678....

After enabling Flexconnect on the AP successfully and configure the Vlan on the WLAN, I get the following:

(Cisco Controller) >show ap config general AP1234.5678....
FlexConnect Vlan mode :.......................... Enabled
Native ID :..................................... 1
WLAN 1 :........................................ 55 (Wlan-Specific)
WLAN 2 :........................................ 54 (Group-Specific)

Success at last. I hope this helps someone because it was very frustrating for me especially when the Cisco Mobility Express GUI has very limited configuration options.

CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards