cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

NCS/Prime 1.2 search error

BRYN JONES
Level 1
Level 1

On our NCS and now also on our recently upgraded Prime 1.2 we get the following error when doing a simple search in the search window at the top right of the screen:

There was an error while parsing and rendering the content. (Tried to register widget with id==mseLicenseInfoDialog but that id is already registered)

This occurs whichever role you log in as and only happens on teh simple search, when using teh advanced search we do not see it.

Has anyone else seen this and share how we can get rid of it/fix the problem?

thanks

Bryn

5 Replies 5

ddhari
Level 1
Level 1

try another browser....I had same issue with Firefox and worked fine in IE.....strange as previsoly I was getting errors in IE....

thanks for your suggestion, but it happens in Firefox, IE and Chrome

It appears you may be hitting this bug

CSCtq22201

Symptom: When NCS is unlicensed, clicking on Advanced search gives error dialog with content "Error while parsing rendering content.....".

Conditions: NCS is unlicensed.

Workaround: Add a NCS license.

If you believe it is licenced corretcly I would speak to TAC or Cisco licensing.

Thank you Peter, this looks promising, I'll check out my licencing status and follow up through my support partner, who so far has not identified this as a potential cause.

I love this community, it is such a pleasant and effective way of sharing helpful information

It turned out to be a corrupted version of MSE software running on MSE 3355.

Search facilities returned once MSE was removed from NCS and then we had to re-install MSE (Cisco TAC guidance)

Everything works well again now.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card