Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Support for Software Download

Sanymedia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Anybody,

I have purchased a Cisco CAP-3502 Wirless Access point from Ebay.

Now, i have no Wireless lan Controller, can i use the Access Point without the Wireless Controller?

How can i Download the Software for the CAP? I become a Message, i need a Service Contract..

Can Anybody Help me ?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Daniel,

Since you have got a Light Weight AP you wouldn't be able to use this AP with out a Controller :-( Being said that you could convert this AP to an autonomous AP by downloading IOS image from Cisco website.

Unfortunatly i too dont have permission to download the IOS image from Cisco. Usually the permission would be available to Cisco Partners or Customers who have a Smartnet contract with Cisco.

You could try your luck with any of your friends if they are working with any Cisco Partners or in a organisation which has a Smartnet contract with Cisco

Regards

Najaf

CCIE (R&S) 25060

Hello Najaf,

Thank you...

Maybe there's someone can download it for me... i have no Contacts to Cisco Partners or Smartnet Contract :/

Can Anybody Help me or Try it, or have a Contact too Cisco?

Thanks!

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately, ethically dont have any other option than to purchase a Cisco Smartnet contract.

Even if you google to download an IOS image for your AP to convert it to Autonmous, chances are the downloaded image is corrupt & can dysfunction your AP.

HTH

Mohit Paul
CCIE-Security 35496

P.S Please do rate this post if you find it helpful to make it easier for others seeking answers to similar queries

Mohit Paul CCIE-Security 35496 P.S Please do rate this post if you find it helpful to make it easier for others seeking answers to similar queries
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card