Views
Helpful
Replies

Need Support for Software Download

Sanymedia
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Anybody,

I have purchased a Cisco CAP-3502 Wirless Access point from Ebay.

Now, i have no Wireless lan Controller, can i use the Access Point without the Wireless Controller?

How can i Download the Software for the CAP? I become a Message, i need a Service Contract..

Can Anybody Help me ?

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

kcnajaf
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Daniel,

Since you have got a Light Weight AP you wouldn't be able to use this AP with out a Controller :-( Being said that you could convert this AP to an autonomous AP by downloading IOS image from Cisco website.

Unfortunatly i too dont have permission to download the IOS image from Cisco. Usually the permission would be available to Cisco Partners or Customers who have a Smartnet contract with Cisco.

You could try your luck with any of your friends if they are working with any Cisco Partners or in a organisation which has a Smartnet contract with Cisco

Regards

Najaf

CCIE (R&S) 25060

Hello Najaf,

Thank you...

Maybe there's someone can download it for me... i have no Contacts to Cisco Partners or Smartnet Contract :/

Can Anybody Help me or Try it, or have a Contact too Cisco?

Thanks!

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Unfortunately, ethically dont have any other option than to purchase a Cisco Smartnet contract.

Even if you google to download an IOS image for your AP to convert it to Autonmous, chances are the downloaded image is corrupt & can dysfunction your AP.

HTH

Mohit Paul
CCIE-Security 35496

P.S Please do rate this post if you find it helpful to make it easier for others seeking answers to similar queries

Mohit Paul CCIE-Security 35496 P.S Please do rate this post if you find it helpful to make it easier for others seeking answers to similar queries
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: