Views
Helpful
Replies

Network Discovery win7 WITH Wireless LAN Controller

h.wali
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I m configuring a new wireless controller with 2 SSID (private and guest) and I have an issue regarding Network discovery in WINDOWS 7:

When my PCs conect to the old WIFI (dlink APs), all devices are able to see each other in Network Discovery (WINDOWS 7)

(Please see the attached file)

And when PCs conect to the new WIFI (WLC with Cisco AP), all devices are able to conect perfectly and they cant see any device connected to the same network.

I need to see devices connected to the same SSID, and I dont now wich option to enable or disable in the controller.

Thanks

Best regards.

3 Replies 3

sobhardw
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Network discovery is a network setting that affects whether your computer can see (find) other computers and devices on the network and whether other computers on the network can see your computer. By default, Windows Firewall blocks network discovery, but you can enable it.

1. Open Advanced sharing settings by clicking the Start button , and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type network, click Network and Sharing Center, and then, in the left pane, click Change advanced sharing settings.

2. Click the chevron to expand your current network profile.
  3. Click Turn on network discovery, and then click Save changes If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Picture of the network discovery settings

THANKS sobhardw for your reply,

The Network Discovery Setting is configured in my network profile and i can't see any clients connected to my WIFI (Controller and APs). I think there is a setting in the controller associated to the network discovery.

With regards

Hi,

Which Access point and WLC model you are using.. ?

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card