cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New 3802i APs blinking blue/red/green (5520 controller)

Hello, 

Today I began deploying my 500 new 3802i APs, and the first 50+ went well. I moved into a different building and started hanging, and the first two I hung are blinking in the red-green-blue-off pattern, like the location option has been set... (Access point location command invoked from controller web interface.)

I have not done this. nor do i see anything on the controller that is set for this. I have defaulted the APs in the controller, and they come to back the same blink pattern. 

The APs are running 8.2.151.0 code, and seem to be booting and downloaded the code just fine. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The 3802 APs require at least 25 Watts,  802.3at power is recommend.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

jeetkulkarni
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Switch ports where AP is connected has correct configuration to that of the working APs? Is the power enough for the APs? These APs need 26W power. Confirm by doing - "show power inline". Have you tried to console connect one of the APs to check the log messages confirm?

Have the APs been added to the controller?

Let me know how you go.

Please rate useful posts.

Jeet

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Please console into the AP and reboot the AP. 

Post the entire boot-up process so we can determine what is going on.

Thank you gentlemen. Here's what I stumbled across:

On the switch, there was not enough POE getting to the AP to go into a run state. THere was a "power inline consumption auto max 15400" on the ports (due to some previous phone t-shooting). 

I removed this, and the APs came up just fine. :)

So, it turns out that the APs can power up and associate to their controller just fine, but for the AP to become fully functional, they need a full 30w avaialble?

Please share this with Cisco to share with others with similar issues. 

The 3802 APs require at least 25 Watts,  802.3at power is recommend.

Agreed and confirmed. The APs were only getting 15.4w. This was an LED light color pattern I hadn't seen before! :)

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card