cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

New Interface on 2504 WLC

Anthony65001
Level 1
Level 1

I have inherited a 2504 WLC (still running7.0.220.0) which has one corporate SSID defined.

I intend to create a new SSID and interface for a guest network, which will be on a separate subnet and VLAN. The VLAN is yet to be defined.

I am running into trouble when creating the interface. The first screenshot is of the current interface named 'management', the second screenshot is what I am trying to create, and the third is the error message that I am consistently receiving, no matter what tweaks I make to the settings for the new interface.

Existing Interface:

Interface - Management - Altered Details.PNG

New Interface Details:

newtestcisco.PNG

Error Message:

errormessage.PNG

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

also assign the VLAN dientifier (example: 60)

Regards

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

check the gateway IP address as you are iusing /24 mask. If you IP address is 10.234.60.9 then gateway msut be in same subnet (example: 10.234.60.1)

Regards

Dont forget to rate helpful posts

Thanks Sandeep. I've just adjusted it to the settings below and get hit with the same error message again. 'Could not set the port configuration.'

also assign the VLAN dientifier (example: 60)

Regards

Dont forget to arte helpful posts

Thanks again. That seems to have made progress as it is now prompting to restart the WLC. Would need to do that outside of core hours, so pop in early one day this week, and will let you know how it goes. Thanks

Great. Let me know the status.

Regards

can you paste the screenshot of the managemnt interface configuration  ?

or output of the command: show interface detailed management 

Regards

Interface - Management - Altered Details.PNG

Is that what you needed?

Assign Port Number to :1 

Backup Port 2: 0

If you are creating new dynamic interface then dont chekc the box for : Enable Dynamic AP Management

Change these and try again.

Regards

Yes that is management interface output.

Paste the output of the interface which you are trying create ? Also include the error screenshot.

Hi Sandeep,

This is the configuration that I am attempting, and the messages that I received.Capture1.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNG

Just to follow on from this. I have successfully created the interface, but had to use port 2.

Would you expect this to be the case?

Is it as simple now as just going and connecting port 2 to a switch?

It is simple as long as your switchport that connects port 2 is defined properly.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

These messgae is ok. It will not create any issue except the clinet to reconnect to WLAN. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card