cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Not able to redirect to login page of guest wifi in some mobiles(i.e honor,vivo, Mi) in samsung,iphon and laptop its working fine

asheesh.gupta11
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

we are using ISE 3515 applience version 2.2 in mnt mode and WLC 5508 version 8.4.100 .

i come to know that in few mobiles phones sponsor redirection page is not coming,device is getting the ip address and sponsor address is showing in address bar but the page is not opening(its only showing connect to wifi .

But in laptop, samsung mobile and i phones the redirection done automatically.

i am working in a hospital and many people come to me with this problem.

Kindly help me.

3 Replies 3

Hi,

A few thing you should be sure:

- For those devices the pre-auth ACL is being delivered?

You can see that with 'show client detail'

- Are they getting the proper DNS?

You can see that also on 'show client detail'

-Are those device able to reach the DNS service? 

If you thing that all the answers is YES then I dont see much you can do on the wireless infrastructure side. This might be a device problem.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.- 

patoberli
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
Not sure about the redirect, but your WLC 8.4.100.0 version has a LOT of known bugs. I suggest you upgrade to 8.5.135.0 or 8.5.140.0. Not saying that this will fix your issue, but it will fix many other issues. Please make sure your APs are supported by 8.5 (read the release notes).

asheesh.gupta11
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to all.

Actually this issue is self certificate issue which is used by guest portal.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: