cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

OEAP 1810 vs 600 problem with Ciso Voip phones on 1810

trawleigh
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, maybe this is simple issue or a limitation, I have a 5508 wireless controller that is only used for home users with OEAP access points. When using a OEAP 600 we can chain the phone and pc on the same port with no issue, on a OEAP 1810 the phone goes on port 1 and the PC on port 2 and if we chain the phone and PC the PC will get a corporate IP but the phone will get a 10.0.0.x IP.

I don't see any options in the 5508 to make a difference in this situation, I am wondering if there is a setting on the phone that needs to be set differently through call manager to allow the PC port and the Phone to get a corporate IP?

Sorry if that didn't make sense, I hope it did.

-Terry

4 Replies 4

trawleigh
Level 1
Level 1

I should mention that on the 1810 OEAP if the phone is on port 1 and pc on port 2, they both get a corporate IP and work fine, maybe it is a limitation of the 1810?

I noticed recent release note update stating "multiple clients on wired" port as not supported feature for 1810 & 1810W.

Refer table 9 on below release notes

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn83.html#45212

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

I never picked up on that Rasika. The 602i allows you to have a switch plugged into the rlan and serve up to 5 devices. Hopefully this is not a hardware limitation and a software feature will be introduced allowing multiple devices off 1 port.

Hi Terry,

Did you follow the below guidelines ?

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/aironet-1810w-series-access-points/200630-AP1810W-LAN-Port-Mapping.pdf

HTH

Rasika

*** Pls rate all useful responses ***

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card