Views
Helpful
Replies

old WAP with new WLC and new Codes

Anvar Mohammed
Level 1
Level 1

hi,

i have some Cisco 1240 Access Points which is working with WiSM-1 , now we are planning to migrate the Wism with a new 5508 with its latest image, but we found at compatibility matrix the new images are not supported with this 1240 access points, and they are EOS as well.

is there any work around ? or solution to use the current APs with this new WLC.

thanks,

anvar

4 Replies 4

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Anvar,

1240 AP last supported version is 8.0.x

use 8.0.x version on WLC(5508) to support 1240 APs.

Here is the compatibility matrix:http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/compatibility/matrix/compatibility-matrix.html

Regards

Don't forget to rate helpful posts

the latest code from Cisco is 8.1.131.0 , and we need to use the very latest one.

Then you cant use 1240 WAPs with 5508 WLC. Buy new APs... Regards Don't forget to rate helpful posts

To add to Sandeep.... using the latest and greatest code can cause you issues:)  I always ask my customers, why do you think you need the latest code?  Be careful when you start doing things like this and especially migrating from old code to new.... things will break and you will have to figure that piece out.  Look at the matrix that Sandeep provided, as that will be doc you will need to reference while using Cisco wireless. 

If you still require the use of the 1240's, then you need to downgrade to a code that is compatible. 

-Scott

*** Please rate useful posts ***

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card