Views
Helpful
Replies

Online - Offline - Random username and password

Mahmoudhbm
Level 1
Level 1

Dear all,

I want to install Cisco 2702i inside a Coffee Shop. the owner asked me to do this service once the customer take their dine in order. Furthermore, she needs also Time Limit, say for example 1 hour usage after that it is disconnected from the user, how do I do that? What are the requirements?

Thank you for all your answers.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Mikey Boy
Level 1
Level 1

If this has to be an on premise solution you can achieve the SSID scheduling with Mobility express. The 2700 you have cannot be a master AP but, if you had a 2800 that could be master and the the 2700 could be made to join it.

The very latest version of ME seems to be stable as well, we have some customers who are using it with success, the early versions were not good. 

Regards

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

nothing directly from the WLC.

They could look at using a 3rd party guest portal to do this

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thank you very much for your reply.

I am looking for simple solution without using 3rd party, any idea please?

Also how can I turn the Internet access On and Off during working hours in the coffee shop?

You can’t do what you want with that AP or even with a WLC without automation. You would of been better off with a Meraki AP which you can disable/enable SSID on a schedule without purchasing anything. To provide a username/password for every customer and then have it expire sort of ruins the customer experience. If I go work at a coffee shop, I expect to not have to login but once.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Just power it off end of day and power the AP back on the next day. Maybe coupled with the cash register or so.
But you can't do the guest portal functionality like other already mentioned.

Mikey Boy
Level 1
Level 1

If this has to be an on premise solution you can achieve the SSID scheduling with Mobility express. The 2700 you have cannot be a master AP but, if you had a 2800 that could be master and the the 2700 could be made to join it.

The very latest version of ME seems to be stable as well, we have some customers who are using it with success, the early versions were not good. 

Regards

Mobility Express sounds perfect to the owner needs. Will look forward to the model 2800, 3800, 1850 which support the features.

Thank you very much for all your replies.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card