cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

opinion on mounting position

witkopstaub
Level 1
Level 1

I'm hanging up new 1262 APs in a new construction manufacturing environment. Not a lot of steel shelving just rows of workstations and machines. I can mount off ceiling red iron I-beams with a custom mount extension to cut down on signal bounce. This puts them at about 24 foot in the air which is 12 inches off of actual beams.

I could mount them directly to the bottom of our cable trays which is only 14 foot in the air but the tray is wire mesh so wouldn't that cause signal issues too? The tray is also 18" above a power railway system and I am unsure if power affects signal?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You should go with your first choice, since it's pretty clear that you don't have anything below that can interfere. But when you look at your mounting location, also look what's around that also might block the signal. With a survey, you can determine good locations for mounting especially if there might be things that attenuate the signal.

What I have done in the past also is had the low voltage guys run a conduit down to a certain allowed height above finish floor and have a single or double gang box at the end of it. Then you can use the universal AP mount and attach the AP to the gang box.

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card