cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Outlook mobile app syncing issue with wireless network (WLC 2112)

Cisco76
Level 1
Level 1

network

ASA-->4507-->2112 WLC--->AccessPoint

Everything was working prefect till two week back. Suddenly people started complaining about they are not able to download new messages on outlook app . App receives notification for new emails but it email doesn't download. As soon they turn-off wireless network emails get downloaded with cellular network. outlook app has no issues with other wireless network.

We tried rebooting WLC then it worked for few minutes then same issues. As per Microsoft outlook app uses TCP port 80 and 443 which are opened on firewall. WLC has latest software running on it. This is very weird issue .

7 Replies 7

Hello,

From one Laptop have you tried to perform nslookup on the Outlook mobile app url while connected on the Wi-Fi network?

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does user still have normal internet or intranet connectivity?  If so, I don't see how the wireless can be the issue, but I also know that the 2112 controller and your AP's are very very old. Can it be that the AP is failing or the controller, that is possible. Have you looked at upgrading the wireless?  I don't know many folks that run that model controller anymore. My 2106 died like 6 years or so ago. 

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Yes you are right this is very old WLC and very few people might be stilll using it.

Everything works great with this wireless contoller and access points . Only issues comes while  downloading and refreshing email messages on outlook app .

there is one more app running with outlook app ,Microsoft authenticator . If we uninstall Microsoft authenticator then we can download emails without any issues .

Clearly you're describing an application issue on the phones.  Your wireless seems to be functioning just fine.  Office365 may be thinking you need two factor authentication because you have the authenticator app installed since when you uninstall the app, things work fine.

Outllok App with microsoft authenticator works without issues with other wireless network and we have two factor enabled and configured properly on phones .

Issue for within the network , Barracuda was blocking some servers which app internally pointing to . 

Even After replacing wireless environment , we had this issue for very long time . 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card