Views
Helpful
Replies

P2P Wireless link 1530E

Yde Ihop
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings All.

I am facing a weird situation while configuring two wireless bridges (1530E) attached to a 14Dbi semi directional antenna.

There's a clear line of sight between the two bridges and the distance between them is 3 miles but there's no association.

The surprising thing is that while doing testing on my desk with the two bridges they associate themselves.

Does anybody has faced the same situation ? We are in the process of replacing old 1400 series with these new bridges.

I am attaching the the configuration of both root and non root bridges.

8 Replies 8

blakekrone
Level 4
Level 4

According to your configs both nodes are set as root mode. You need to set the remote side to non-root under your Dot11Radio0.

Hello - I am using the 5Ghz frequency. Under Dot11radio1. Both are set to root and non-root.

Have you done any spectrum analysis between the links to make sure that nothing is impacting the selected 5GHz channel?

We have not done a spectrum analysis. However,  we have performed a carrier busy test and none of the channels has more than 3%. We have noticed that the external semi directional antenna (14dbi) was connected to the N ports 1 and 2.

On the internal lab, the link test result was poor when sending a thousand packets using that setting.

Now,  we have configured  the bridge to single band mode and we have connected the semi  directional antenna to the N ports 3 and 4. Now the link test gives us good results.

We are going to test it outside and let you know how it goes.

Thank you so much for your help.

Well you went from the 1400 bridge using 2.4ghz to a 1532 using 5ghz.  I really don't think that the 5ghz would make a connection at 3 miles.

-Scott

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

One other note is 3 miles is a little bit of a stretch for the 1530 series. You might not be able to hit that with 5GHz, or even 2.4GHz for that matter. Anything over 1.5miles I typically go with other bridge link products.

Greetings All,

The ptp link is working with a RSSI of -67dbm and a SNR of 30db. Thank you for your suggestions.

What was the fix?

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin