cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Packet loss and temporary loss of connection from a used 1852i

keithlin.7321
Level 1
Level 1

I have a brand new 4331, and a used 1852i. The 1852i is powered up via a power injector, my computer that is directly connect to the router via ethernet have no packet loss, but every once in a while, device connected to the used 1852i will lose connectivity for a min or two. Devices can't access the management page. There's less than 10 device connected to the AP and I am just 3 feet away from the AP. 

I was wondering is that behavior normal? Is the AP defective? or I shouldn't expect 100% stable connectivity over wireless? 

3 Replies 3

michiel0111
Level 1
Level 1

I own a 1832i and have the same problem, the AP (in mobility express mode) will every once in a while just disappear. When this happens all devices lose connection and the LED on the AP will blink quickly for a minute.

(I have version 8.2.100.0)

Any suggestions how to troubleshoot this?

Refer BUG, upgrade to 8.3 version :

1852 APs losing connectivity to ME controller with AVC enabled
CSCuz29774
Description
Symptom:
During times of higher network activity, 1852 APs are losing connectivity to controller in a Mobility Express deployment. Issue appears to be linked to AVC overtaxing the backplane of the controller AP.

Conditions:
SW engineers reported seeing high amounts of client roaming during these times
AP disconnects were very infrequent during non-operating hours (times of little to no client traffic)

Workaround:
config flexconnect group group-name avc wlan-id visibility disable.. We need to run this command to disable avc on all wlan's configuired on ME controller
Known Fixed Releases:
(2)
8.3(15.164)
8.3(15.165)

Hi Mohanak,

Where can I download the 8.3 fix? We also experiencing the same problem deploying 1852 APs in a Mobility Express Deployment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card