Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

PoE is not working on Cisco AIR-CAP2702i-E-K9

Dears,

I have Cisco AIR-CAP2702i-E-K9 access point and it was perfectly working till yesterday through PoE without any issues. suddenly it's stopped and when I checked with console cable there is no response from AP and the LED is Off.

Just now I have tried to power on the AP with DC power adapter it started working and then I connected to the network, surprisingly it got associated tot he WLC and started propagating the signal. and working fine.

So I reset the AP by pressing the mode button with help of DC adapter. but still, the issue persists. 

Anybody, please help me to resolve this PoE issue.

Regards,

Khaleelur Rahman

7 Replies 7

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi 

What does show power inline show? Is the AP drawing power?

I guess if you have confirmed the poe issue is on the AP side and not on the switchport .. it would be an RMA.

Just wondering .. if it worked with DC power why did you reset it using the mode button?

Regards 

Philip D'Ath
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Have you tried using a different PoE port on the switch in case the switch port is damaged?

Hi Philip,

Yes, I have tried. 

Also, I have connected one brand new AP to the same switch port that is working fine.

omz
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

vip advisor gets a reply .. fair enough :)

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
If the PoE switch is Cisco, what is the exact model of the PoE switch?

Yes. Model is Cisco WS-C2960X-48LPD-L

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Seems like its an issue with the AP as another 2802 works on the same switch port and cable. You did use the same patch cable as if you have one of the pairs open, PoE would not work.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: