Helpful
Replies

Possibility of deploying two WAP 321 in a small environment without WLC

Mujeeb Shaik
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Trust You are doing well,

Need help on this, I am required to set up a small Wireless network environment comprising of one ISR G2 1941 Security router, two 24 port PoE Cisco catalyst switches, a suitable firewall from Meraki family and two WAP 321, the question is will I be able to successfully implement this wireless network without a WLC or else WLC is mandatory.

Kindly Advise,

Thank You,

Mujeeb Shaik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For sure it will work together, but you have four different management-systems for them. No problem if you are a highly experienced admin, but will make things harder if you are not.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

The SMB-APs don't use wireless controllers at all. You still can manage them in one group.

BTW: have you ever thought about an IT-strategy? Why are you mixing Catalyst, SMB, IOS and Meraki? That won't make it easy to manage.

Hi Karsten,

Thank you for the valuable information.

The concerns you mentioned, I need to further know if the interoperability between the components mentioned will not happen, will this solution not work at all OR

It will work but we will face issues post deployment while managing and supporting this kind of environment.

With Immense Gratitude

Mujeeb Shaik

For sure it will work together, but you have four different management-systems for them. No problem if you are a highly experienced admin, but will make things harder if you are not.

Thats a relief, in regards to this non homogenous solution, our client is not flexible to change it, it was discussed. Administration will be their responsibility post deployment

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card