cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Pre-download image to multiple ap's on 5520 WLC

DAVID
Level 3
Level 3

I need to pre-download a new image to 600+ ap's but I don't want to do all at the same time or one at a time. Is it possible to pre-download the image to the AP's in batches of 20 to 50 at a time?

5 Replies 5

Hi

I didn't take it from Cisco docs but for experience. Last time I had to that I realized that the WLC itself doesn't send the image to all AP at once. As far I remember I could see the number was around 10.

You can also see this here:

http://www.my80211.com/cisco-wlc-cli-commands/2011/2/20/wlc-predownload-the-image-to-the-access-points-from-the-cont.html

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Pre-download works globally or individually.
So if you want a batch, then you'll need to click each individual AP (or using CLI).

Is it possible to use PI to pre-download the image to the APs? How would you do this through the CLI? I know how to do the ap image pre-download primary all /AP-NAME but how can I do batches of AP names in the cli? I can't have all 600+ ap's are downloading at the same time but I can't be stuck doing one ap at a time either.

Hi David,

May be if you have AP's in flex-connect you can check below link: 

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/7-4/configuration/guides/consolidated/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED/b_cg74_CONSOLIDATED_chapter_010010001.html

***********Please rate useful post**************

@DAVID wrote:
Is it possible to use PI to pre-download the image to the APs? How would you do this through the CLI? I know how to do the ap image pre-download primary all /AP-NAME but how can I do batches of AP names in the cli? I can't have all 600+ ap's are downloading at the same time but I can't be stuck doing one ap at a time either.
  1. First, generate a list of APs using CLI:  sh ap summary
  2. Put the list in a spreadsheet and sort it. 
  3. Then specify which APs will do the pre-download using the command "config ap image predownload primary <AP name>".
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card