Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prevent clients from use XOR 5ghz on Cisco 2802

We have 2802's running 8.3.x code and a fleet of wireless comm badges that operate in 5ghz only. The vendor says to disable FRA which I did but I still see these things connecting to AP's that have the slot 0 radio in 5ghz mode. I would like for the XOR radio to serve 2.4ghz clients and put itself in 2.4/5ghz monitor mode but I do NOT want it to serve 5ghz clients. Is there a way to do this? I know I can disable slot 0 but won't that also disable 2.4ghz? Thanks!

3 Replies 3

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You don't need to disable FRA.
If the badges have their own SSID, then configure the SSID to only be broadcasted in 5.0 Ghz.

Thanks for the reply. Sorry, I've been away for about three weeks and didn't have an opportunity to respond sooner. The SSID is hard set to 802.11a only but the issue is certain AP's are broadcasting 5ghz on both the slot 1 and slot 0 radio in effect causing a bubble within a bubble and that wreaks havoc with the Voera badges. Looks like the only thing I can do is manually go in and set the XOR radio to either monitor or serve 2.4ghz clients but not both. I may open a TAC case to see if I can automate any of this. Thanks!

You can disable FRA on the WLC globally. I am not sure if that option also works for Mobility Express mode.
You might want to check out https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/technotes/8-3/b_RRM_White_Paper/b_RRM_White_Paper_chapter_01000.html
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card