cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime 3.5 - 3702 AP - antenna name

sbrock
Level 1
Level 1

Running Prime Infrastructure 3.5.  Under Unified AP (Inventory/Device Type), I have one 3702 AP listed as a Cisco 1040 Series AP.  After looking in several places, the Antena Name is Internal-1040-5.0GHz for this AP.  The model is listed as AIR-CAP3702I-A-K9.  All other 3702 APs have the antenna name Internal-3700-5GHz.

Is there a way to change the antenna name?  I'm not finding that field through the 5508 wireless controller or Prime.

Thanks,

Scott

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Now this is Prime so there is every chance you have hit a bug.

To change the antenna type, if you go into the maps, and when placing the AP you can change the antenna type.

I remember there was a bug in the 3.3 beta that did similar to what your describing with internal AP antennas mapping to wrong AP models.

The other thing to try is turn off the AP, delete from PI and then re-join it and see if PI fixes it.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Now this is Prime so there is every chance you have hit a bug.

To change the antenna type, if you go into the maps, and when placing the AP you can change the antenna type.

I remember there was a bug in the 3.3 beta that did similar to what your describing with internal AP antennas mapping to wrong AP models.

The other thing to try is turn off the AP, delete from PI and then re-join it and see if PI fixes it.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

I also suggest to do the delete, it's usually more reliable.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card