cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Prime infrastucture v2.2 to 3.5

nstr1
Level 1
Level 1

I have a prime infrastructure (virtual) v2.2 but I'm going to migrate to v3.5.

if I download a backup of the 2.2 prime this is compatible with v3.5 ???

if so, what happens with the license also comes in the backup ???

How long will it take to download the backup of v2.2 and load it in v3.5 ???

what would be the size of my prime v3.5 (virtual) ???

I add prime feactures.

6 Replies 6

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Basically this upgrade path is not possibe; you need at least PI3.1 to go to 3.5 :

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-5/quickstart/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_5_0_Quick_Start_Guide.html#task_1070867

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

the first 2.2 I will leave it aside and I will not touch it.

what I will do is create a new virtual machine with version 3.5.

even so first I should go through the 3.1 ??

I believe you can do a fresh install of the PI 3.5, however you can't restore PI 2.2 backup on it.

Please rate if it is helpful.

CJ

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
You're better off exporting the DB, stand up a freshly installed PI 3.6 and import the DB.
It is less painful that way.

So will the support of PI 2.2 be compatible with the new installation of PI 3.5 ??

I think/fear you first must upgrade to 3.1 before you can go to 3.5:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/net_mgmt/prime/infrastructure/3-5/quickstart/guide/bk_Cisco_Prime_Infrastructure_3_5_0_Quick_Start_Guide.html#task_1071048
So my suggestion is:
- create a new VM on 3.0 and restore an application backup (I think) from 2.2
- upgrade the 3.0 installation (with the imported data) to 3.1
- backup the data of the now running 3.1 installation
- create a new VM with 3.5 and import the backup of the 3.1 installation
- install all patches for 3.5 and hope for the best
Depending on how much data you have on 2.2, you maybe want to start from scratch and create a brand new 3.5 or 3.6 installation, add the devices, export the maps information on the 2.2 (if you use them) and import them on your new installation.
The above posted migration path takes at least 1 or 2 days, depending on your database size and the performance of your ESX servers.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: