Views
Helpful
Replies

Problem converting 1242AG APs to LWAPP mode

Patrick Colbeck
Level 3
Level 3

Hi

I have some 1242AG APs to convert from autonomous to LWAPP mode. The conversion tool (v3.4) keeps giving me an error saying that there is a firewall or access list preventing TFTP from working.

It does this wether I use the internal TFTP server in the tool or TFTPD32 on the same PC or even if I allow the image to be TFTPD from flash on the 2960 POE switch the AP I am testing the upgrade on is connected to !

If I manualy do an "archive download-sw /overwrite /no-set-boot tftp://..."  from the telnet console on the same AP it download the image fine. I can also copy the config file to my TFTP server !!!!!!

This is driving me nuts any ideas as I have quite a few APs to chaneg to LWAPP mode.

Oh the WLC is a 5508 running the latest 7.x code but I dont suppose that is relevent here.

Regards

Pat

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Pat,

That is just a warning msg.

Thanks

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

vinodjad1234
Level 2
Level 2

Hi pcolbeck,

I hope you tried below commands:

archive download-sw /overwrite /reload tftp:////

you can through below link,

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_10b_JA/configuration/guide/scg12410b-chap20-firmware.html#wp1035644

• Ensure that the access point has a route to the TFTP server. The access point and the TFTP server must be in the same subnetwork if you do not have a router to route traffic between subnets.
    Check connectivity to the TFTP server by using the ping command.Ensure that the image to be downloaded is in the correct directory on the TFTP server.

please let me know , how the connectivity and procedure you are following ..

That works fine. I can manually tftp an image to the AP from the TFTP server on the PC running the conversion utility or any other tftp server it's just the upgarde utility that thinks it cant TFTP usingit's internal TFTP server or an external one.

To resate the problem

Ping to tftp server from AP works fine.

TFTP of config file to or from the AP to the TFTP server works fine

TFTP of an image to the AP from the PC using:

archive download-sw /overwrite /reload tftp:////

works fine too.

But the conversion utility fails with the check firewall or access list message no matter which TFTP server I use.

OK this is weird. If I use an external TFTP server in this case IOS on teh POE switch the APs are connected to I still get the same firewall/acl message but it gives me the option to say yes to carry on. If I do choose yes then it goes ahead and does the conversion !!!!!!

Hi,

Please use the below document and this has the video as well and may help u out in getting the issue resolved!

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-14960

lemme know if this answered ur question and please dont forget to rate the usefull posts!!

Regards

Surendra

Regards
Surendra BG

Hi Pat,

That is just a warning msg.

Thanks

thanks Hemant for the information.

regards,

Vinay

Thanks & Regards

Arrghh ! Wish it had siad it was just a warning that cost me about 4 hours !!!

Oh well done now. I think it was my windows firewall that was preventing the internal TFTP server on the tool working as the tool doesn't regoster with it like TFTPD32 does and corporate policy wont let me switch the firewall off.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card