Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems to downgrade MSE from CMX 10.x to MSE 8.x

Please I really need to know how to do the donwgrade from MSE CMX 10.x to MSE 8.x. I have 2 UCS 3365 and one is on CMX 10.2.3 and I need to downgrade to MSE 8.0.140 to use within HA, I tryed to find .iso file but there isn´t only 10.x .iso file are provide on cisco.com.

If some one have a guide to donwgrade from 10.x to 8.x please help me.

4 Replies 4

keglass
Level 7
Level 7

Chrystiano,

Please refer to the release notes for information about downgrading from 10.x to 8.x

Release Notes for Cisco Connected Mobile Experiences (CMX), Release 10.1 - Cisco

In addition, I recommend you check out the Cisco Support Community for more information and feedback about this issue.

https://supportforums.cisco.com/

I hope this help,

Kelli Glass

Moderator for Cisco Customer Communities

I already download CISCO-MSE-L-K9-8-0-110-10-64bit-MSE-3365-only.iso from Cisco. I follow the step-by-step from MSE configuration guide but after I selected ISO image the recovery process not begins. Please advise

Nanda,

If you continue to experience problems, then I recommend you open a case with Cisco Technical Support to investigate your particular set up - and to rule out a bug or other known issue.

Cisco Support - Software Downloads, Product Documentation, Support Tools, and Support Cases - Cisco

Kelli

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Chrystiano,

Are you still experiencing the issue?

I have been beta testing CMX 10.X for quite some time. I have asked the question around downgrading CMX 10.3 to 10.2 to both the BU and TAC before and I have been told there is no method to downgrade .x versions currently.

Unfortunately you will have to follow the procedure to install from OVA as per a new install. From what I can see you should be able to downgrade 10.x to 8.x but you need that OVA.

The 8.X OVA for VM Ware is currently available here: Cisco Systems not sure if this will help since your running the MSE 3365

cheers

Haydn

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card