cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with association of APs in WLC 2504 HA SKU N+1

cnogueral
Level 1
Level 1

I have a client that has two wlc 2504. The configuration was made to be in HA SKU N + 1. At the moment of connecting both in the network it is observed that the mobility group looks good and both wlc are seen. But at the time of restarting the primary WLC it is evident that the APs are not associated with the secondary WLC. 

Then an attempt was made to make the roll change, that is, the primary was configured as secondary and the secondary was configured as primary. In this case it was also observed that the mobility group looked good, but the APs were not associated with the primary, they were associated with the secondary, but it was evidenced that they restarted often

What could be the inconvenience for the APs not to associate with the wlc, which could you review, can it be generated by how the wlc have the licenses?

I attached a file with the HA configuration 

Thank you

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

If the AP’s don’t associate with one controller, then you probably have an issue somewhere else. Maybe license, NTP, etc. HA definition on the AP works as long as the host name is correct as that is case sensitive also.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Haydn Andrews
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

easiest way i find to ensure fail over is to configure the APs with a primary and secondary WLC under the AP HA tab.

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****

Hello, 

The configuration over each AP was made before we maked the test. But even configuring both wlc over APs (one primary and other secondary), the APs never associate with one WLC

If the AP’s don’t associate with one controller, then you probably have an issue somewhere else. Maybe license, NTP, etc. HA definition on the AP works as long as the host name is correct as that is case sensitive also.
-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card