Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with h-reap

esanvalero
Level 4
Level 4

Hi.

I'm having some problems with a h-reap deployment.

I'm using two SSID's in a remote site with local switching, one for guest access and the other for local access to the network. Each of them is associated with a different VLAN.

If I give access to both SSID's to the same AP's, I can just make one of them working. All clients connecting to the second SSID remains in DHCP pending.

But if delete one of the two SSID's, the other begins to work fine (!!) and all clients can have full access to the respective VLAN.

The WLC version is 7.0.230.0 and AP are 1130

Can any one help me?

Regards.

10 Replies 10

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is the ap connected to a trunk port assuming your SSIDs are mapped to different local vlans? You have set the vlan support and have verified the local vlans for each SSID?

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Hi Scott.

Yes, the AP has the vlan support and the SSID's associated to the respective local Vlans.

In fact, the configuration that makes work each SSID beeing alone is just the same, but without the other SSID...

Regards

Im not really understanding your questions. Your are saying that only one SSID works at a time. So if you have SSID 1 on vlan 10, SSID 2 on vlan 20, and SSID 3 on vlan 30, only when you have one SSID configured it works? Can you explain in more detail. Tell use the SSID and encryption, etc. and what works and what doesn't.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Hi Scott.

I'll try to answer your questions:

- Yes, only one SSID works at a time. On the other SSID, the client always remains in DHCP pending

- If I have SSID 1 on vlan 252 and SSID 2 on vlan 253, only one of them will work.

- But if I only have SSID 1 on vlan 252 or SSID 2 on vlan 253, it always works fine

The SSID's are wpa2-psk, one of them with guest access layer 3 authentication.

Regards

I don't see how that would not work.  Can you post your AP H-REAP setting and you ap port configuration?

-Scott

Here is the switch port of the AP:

Current configuration : 119 bytes

!

interface FastEthernet0/9

description punto de acceso

switchport trunk native vlan 254

switchport mode trunk

end

I've also attached some screenshoots of ap and wlan configuration

On your localnet ssid, can you uncheck the Learn Client IP Address.  Also on your switch port, can you enter switchport trunk allowed vlans 252, 253, 254.

Is vlan 252 and 253 also being used on the wired or just for wireless?

-Scott

Hi Scott.

I tried to do the changes you requested, but the result was the same.

Anyway, I've finally found the problem. After changing the parameter "Native VLAN ID" from 254 to 1 everithing began to work fine. Note than the real native VLAN ID on the swtich has not been changed, but it works!

Regards

Well that us good news and bad:). If you are specifying native vlan 254 on the ap, you would also need that on the trunk. Setting that to vlan 1 shouldn't be a fix. Can you verify that switchport mode trunk is configured on all h-reap ports and that your trunk ports between switches is passing vlan 254.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott

Hi Scott.

Here is the configuration of all switchports that connects AP's:

interface FastEthernet0/9

description punto de acceso

switchport trunk native vlan 254

switchport mode trunk

And also, every AP is getting IP from this Vlan, because this is the vlan from wich the AP connects to the WLC. If the native vlan is not working, I should not have any notice about this AP's.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: