Views
Helpful
Replies

Problems with version 8.5.151.0

apeesari
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Any environment facing problems with code 8.5.151.0 ? In our workplace, a lot of users have been complaining reg slow performance. Is there any solution to this? Any suggestion would be helpful.

Thank you!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You should probably downgrade to your previous version if that was working fine. You can always open a TAC case to understand if there are known issues. That way you can get verification if it’s a bug and when it will get fixed so you can plan for your next code upgrade testing prior to upgrading in production.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

What code you were before ?

We are using 8.5.140.0 for a long time and did not hear about slow peformance

HTH

Rasika

We migrated back to 8.2.151.0 after having issues from 8.3 code.

What is the exact model of the switch the APs connected to?
Are the switches 3850? If it is, what is the firmware of the switches?

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
Kindly provide us with more useful information.
What has been done to verify if this issue exist?
What radio(s) were the users connected to?
What data rates are enabled/disabled?

These kind of information is what we are looking for.

Everything seems normal from the controller end, but the users have been complaining about the speed.
radios - mostly 2.4 GHz
data rate - Ethernet 1000 & 5000 Mbps enabled
The users having problems are on flex-connect mode.

The complaints are mostly from users on 2.4 Ghz?
What is the exact model of the switch (including firmware version)?

Yes. WLC 5520 connected to 7k lan vdc

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame
We are on 8.5.140.0 with no issues at all. My peers are on 8.5.151.0 also with no issues.
-Scott

I'm also experiencing some issues with 8.5.151.0.

We are using WLC5520 and 2802i APs, WLAN is configured with WPA2-Enterprise and FlexConnect local switching.

Devices seems to be roaming more than normal, even when standing, the devices roams frequently (every exact 5 minutes). But this seems to not always be truth, sometimes session to AP takes more time to end.

I've made changes to the session timeout timer and seems better now, but still not the best performance.

As per the reports here, I'm thinking on downgrading to 8.5.140.0.

You should probably downgrade to your previous version if that was working fine. You can always open a TAC case to understand if there are known issues. That way you can get verification if it’s a bug and when it will get fixed so you can plan for your next code upgrade testing prior to upgrading in production.
-Scott
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card