Views
Helpful
Replies

Propagation distance difference between AIR-ANT2566D4M-R & AIR-ANT2566P4W-R

Muhammed Adnan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Experts, 

AIR-ANT2566P4W-R for being having greater azimuth and elevation compared to AIR-ANT2566D4M-R should have comparatively larger coverage cell. However as the gain is same on these two antennas(6dBi), will using AIR-ANT2566D4M-R gives some advantages in providing longer RF propagation distance as compared to AIR-ANT2566P4W-R?

My requirement is to have these antennas mounted on poles exceeding 30 meters and interested in knowing what could better translate into my requrement?

AIR-ANT2566D4M-R versus AIR-ANT2566P4W-RAIR-ANT2566D4M-R versus AIR-ANT2566P4W-R

2 Replies 2

Hi @Muhammed Adnan

You are right. 

The best option depends on the users density. For higher density more focused antenna is better, however, you need more AP. If you environment is slightly density them you can spread the signal a bit more then using less APs.

Above all, perform a detailed site survey and keep in mind that not only the antenna need to get on the floor but mobile also needs to get on the antenna.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Step
Level 1
Level 1

Is the any difference of polarization?

Polarization

Linear, vertical

in P4W
vs

Vertical

Horizontal

in D4M

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card