So the question is exactly that: can Aironet 1572 get any of the 802.11ac Wave 2 features (say MU-MIMO or 160 MHz channel bonding) with a future software update?
● Supports speeds to 2.34 Gbps (up from 1.3 Gbps) in the 5 GHz band
● Supports multiuser multiple input, multiple output (MU-MIMO)
● Offers the option of using 160-MHz-wide channels for greater performance
● Offers the option of using a fourth spatial stream for greater performance
● Can run in additional 5-GHz bands around the world
For Upgrade and compatability
Wave 2, a superset of Wave 1, requires new hardware in both access points and client devices to support the additional 802.11ac capabilities such as MU-MIMO, channel widths up to 160 MHz, and the potential for a fourth spatial stream.
How does that answer the question about Aironet 1572?
It's a particular hardware I'm interested in, copy-pasting generic answers from a Q&A page just doesn't cut it http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/solutions/collateral/enterprise-networks/802-11ac-solution/q-and-a-c67-734152.html