Views
Helpful
Replies

question to wlc 722 wifi design

as00001111
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all,

I would like to ask you something about a wifi design and it would be nice to get some helpful explanations.

There is a wlc in our headquarter. Additionally, in our branch offices are AP's that connect to the wlc in the HQ.

There is a wifi ssid that has Flex Connect enabled under "Advanced" tab. Futhermore, it uses dot1x for authentication.

Under "general" tab there is an interface configured that exists in the HQ.

My question is: When users in a BO connect to that wifi, how do they come into the local vlan there? Who manages that? How does the AP know?

Thank you!

4 Replies 4

Sandeep Choudhary
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Thank you!

What about the new wlc 9800 and AP 9120, do they still support Flexconnect?

yes the 9800s and the 9100 APs support flexconnect

*****Help out other by using the rating system and marking answered questions as "Answered"*****
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

But the 9120 doesn't (yet) support WGB:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn89mr1.html#cat9120ax-aps-not-supported-features
Check in advance if you need any WGB features for the Flexconnect setup. I haven't experimented with both yet, but I think there are some overlaps.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card