Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Questions On new Wireless Installation

Hello!

I have got a wireless scenario given in the figure below.wireless_2.jpg

Multiple 2600 access point join the WLC.

Clients connecting through different APs get their addressing information from an external DHCP server.

Laptops connecting via fastethernet also get their configuration from DHCP.

Problems:

(1). I can access the web interface of the WLC from a laptop connected to fastethernet but the moment I connect the same laptop through Wifi (disconnecting fastethernet) the web connection fails even when ping goes successful. What could be the problem?

(2). DHCP server is programed to lease IP addresses, give masks, default gateway address and DNS address. This works well with the wired laptop but as for wifi clients, DNS information is not provided. What could be the cause and possible remedy?

I wait for your response.

Thanks in advance

2 Replies 2

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Kelvin,

1) Do you have management over wireless enabled ? Go->Management->Management via wireless (left side) .. Is it check boxed?

2) Is DNS set up in the scope for wireless ? Double check

I like how you presented your question and topology. This was like a test question ! LOL

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi Kevin,

I am sure George's response is the answer to your query.

I also like the way you present the question...

Rasika

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card