Views
Helpful
Replies

Radio Utilization and FCS Errors

ctcahoe
Level 1
Level 1

Radio_utlization.png

Here is an output from our Aruba Airwave server. I've been trying to reduce the constant radio utilization on some of our APs. I succesfully did it by disabling the 1 and 2Mb data rates on the APs. However, for some reason the FCS errors have gone up on all APs. Any ideas why? The graph on the left shows a drop in interference, so I would think the FCS errors would decrease.

Thanks,

Chris

1 Reply 1

ctcahoe
Level 1
Level 1

On a good note, it looks like the drop in radio utilization translated to a significant throughput increase. On some of our APs, we are seeing a 100% increase in throughput speeds. This was using a 2.4Ghz N client with 20MHz channels connecting to an 1140 AP. I'm going to do a site-survey later on some of our 3500 APs.

I also temporarily disabled the 5.5 and 11 Mb speeds and saw another slight (20-30%) jump in throughput, but we aren't ready to kick 802.11b clients off the network.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: