cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Rate-Limit WLC 2500

danielvalm
Level 1
Level 1

I have a wlc 2500 series that had firmware 8.0.121, in this version in AVC PROFILE had the action option "Rate Limit". Days behind update the WLC to version 8.2.141 and this option no longer appears

option before update

option after update

5 Replies 5

ammahend
VIP
VIP

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/wireless/controller/release/notes/crn82mr4.html

If you are using a Cisco 2500 Series controller and you intend to use the Application Visibility and Control (AVC) and NetFlow protocol features, you must install Release 1.9.0.0 of Cisco Wireless LAN Controller FUS. This is not required if you are using other controller hardware models.

**rate helpful posts**

-hope this helps-

I also upgraded from 8.0.121 to 8.2.150 and lost the ability to "rate-limit" and only have the options for drop and mark.  All of my WLCs are running 1.9.0.0 of FUS.  Application Visibility still works when I check per WLAN and my Netflow appears to still be working.

My 5508s with 8.2.150 still have the option for "rate-limit" in AVC.

Hi Reinier... How can I validate that it is working for me too?

Regards

I just tested with another 2504 that I had not updated yet.  Just went from 8.0.121 to 8.2.151 and my existing AVC rate-limit rules are no longer active.  I can only create new rules that have DROP or MARK.  It seems to be a bug since I have double-confirmed that I am running the FUS 1.9.0.0 as per the release notes that say AV and Netflow will only work with that version.  Opening a case with TAC now.

ok... Yes, already create a case but they do not give me solution or alternative, they work on that now.

Thanks Reinier

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: