Views
Helpful
Replies

Recommended model of Non-Cisco Workgroup Bridges on Cisco WLAN

Muhammed Adnan
Level 4
Level 4

Hello All,

I have a wireless network comprising of 1562E (Local mode & ELM mode) outdoor deployment.

I got a requirement to have workgroup bridges in my network, considering the budget constraints going after IW3700 is not feasible option, thus looking for the third party wireless access points that can be converted to workgroup bridges (client bridges). These third party client bridges (WGBs) are required to associate via Cisco local/ELM mode Access Points. My requirement is to have just 1 wired device behind this third party Access points (converted to wgb/ client bridges)

Are there any economical models of third party access points that's tested for their WGB capability to be working find on Cisco WLAN?

3 Replies 3

I would prefer some old model of Cisco AP , like 3602 as long as you got autonomous mode image for these models.

If it is outdoor deployment, may not be perfect fit though 

Rasika

Thanks Rasika for the response.

Glad to see your message :)

Actually my requirement is to have the WGBs in outdoor environment. Since Mobility Express APs cannot be converted to WGBs (for lacking the option of autonomous image), the only feasible option for the Aps from Cisco is IW3700.

Just to support one host behind the WGB, IW3700 would be a difficult option considering the mounting considerations and cost.

Can you just put an internal AP into a NEMA enclosure? You can get an 1142 off ebay for $25 and connect it up as WGB then :)

Ric
-----------------------------
Please rate helpful / correct posts
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card