cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Regarding to configure EAP-TLS on 5520 WLC

jain.manish94
Spotlight
Spotlight

when we install Vendor Device Certificate it will show as a ID certificate under. Security ---- Advanced --- ID certificate My question is that what is ID certificate and why we required ? which certificate is required for that client (IOS device like Iphone) so that it can connect to our WLC root certificate and can connect successfully. ? what is the flow of communication when using EAP-TLS on WLC ? one more thing here we are not using any Radius Server so how the particular user will connect successfully. I hope you are understanding my query. Please reply for all question because it would be help full for us.

6 Replies 6

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

follow this thread will help you to setup one.:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/wireless-security-and-network/wlc-4400-eap-tls/m-p/1610126

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

jain.manish94
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hello Team, I have about 5 to 6 PDF for the same but please share your experiences if some one using EAP-TLS on WLC without using any Radius Server. 

What kind of PDF document you have ? when you deploy EAP-TLS - it has only 1 layer of authentication mechanism, if any one have same private key, they still able to get in your network, that is the reason to secure your network you need additional login or protection.

If you do not like any protection or security, you can deploy your own PSK as you like to do - and let us know what is the issue you have enountered ? after deploying the method you have choosen in your case.

BB

you are telling me troubleshooting steps.

still i did not complete my setup. 

I want if some one can help to setup for EAP-TLS on WLC. 

I want if someone can help to set up for EAP-TLS on WLC.   <<-  are you looking consultant to set up one for you?

if yes, contact local SE or Partner can help you.

BB

Balaji if you don know please let reply to others. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: