cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Replace a LAP to WLC

wfqk
Level 5
Level 5

Hi One AP has some function issue. We want to replace it in production environment. so I would like to know what issue I need to pay attention to? The WLC is 5508 and AP would be AIR-LAP1131AG-A-K9, or 3600

I am going to make sure the AP is LAP. After it is plugged in, it should be able to work immediately. What i need to do is to change some info(such as its name) via WLC after it joins the network. Am i right? Thank you

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi

Thats what we expect, always. Considering that AP will succeed finding the WLC either by broadcast, DNS, DHCP or primed, then yes, you only need to plug it in and wait it join, download, reboot and come back again to be customized.

It is,however, a good idea to have a console cable around.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

View solution in original post

It is easier to troubleshoot any problem(s) with the AP if a console cable was attached so we can determine by looking at the console logs, like the boot-up process, which will not be present in the remote access logs.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi

Thats what we expect, always. Considering that AP will succeed finding the WLC either by broadcast, DNS, DHCP or primed, then yes, you only need to plug it in and wait it join, download, reboot and come back again to be customized.

It is,however, a good idea to have a console cable around.

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Thank you for your reply. 

" It is,however, a good idea to have a console cable around"

what do we need to do to login via console? 

It is easier to troubleshoot any problem(s) with the AP if a console cable was attached so we can determine by looking at the console logs, like the boot-up process, which will not be present in the remote access logs.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card