cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Reseting a 1242 LAP's Ethernet interface

knut.ulfulf
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to reset a 1242's IP and Gateway (both are configured as the same IP due to a cut'n'paste error in the WCS ... so the AP is not reachable and the the fallback to DHCP won't work, because the AP can reach his false gateway...)

The AP is on a remote location so, i only can ask the user for onside support. Is there a easy way to get the AP back to do DHCP?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Reboot the AP multiple times.. this has worked for me while troubleshooting with several customers.. however when ever this doesnt work.. we need to get the console access to the AP and then issue the below command..

en

debug lwapp console cli or debug capwap console cli

clear lwapp private-config or clear capwap private-config

end

LWAPP ap ip

LWAPP ap controller ip

or

int fa 0

ip addr dhcp

end

This will do it...

lemme know if this answers your question

Regards

Surendra

====

Please dont forget to rate the usefull posts which answered your question or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Surendra BG
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Reboot the AP multiple times.. this has worked for me while troubleshooting with several customers.. however when ever this doesnt work.. we need to get the console access to the AP and then issue the below command..

en

clear lwapp private-config or clear capwap private-config

end

LWAPP ap ip

LWAPP ap controller ip

or

int fa 0

ip addr dhcp

end

This will do it...

lemme know if this answers your question

Regards

Surendra

====

Please dont forget to rate the usefull posts which answered your question or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

Thanks for the fast response!

Isn't there a other way? As I said, the LAP is at a remote location, so i can't use the console. The User there is no sysop...

I tried multiple reboots by powering down the LAP via his POE line, it did not work.

still: Thanks a lot for the help.

Hmmm.. ok.. lemme think.... !!!!!!!!!!!!@@@@@@@@@@######!!!!!!!!!!... Yup.. here is the another thing u can try..

if the AP is grabbing the power using POE, then try assigning a different VLAN on the switchport and try reloading the AP.. lets see if the AP grabs the ip from that VLAN.. then lets revert back if this works.. but have a strong feling this may not work.. but giving a try may help.. coz this as well helped me once!!

Lemme know if this answered your question...

Regards

Surendra

====

Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

It does not grap a ip if I change the vlan.

It just wont grab any IP because it has a static one... If the static IP wouldn't reach the Gateway it should fall back to DHCP but it can reach his gateway(misconfigured as the LAPs own IP).

Hmmm.. we need the access to the AP to proceed

Lemme know if this answered your question

Regards

Surendra

====

Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG

That is my main problem

Well, I did send a technican out, he did it via console and the commands mentioned above,

seems it was the best way to deal with the problem...

I think there should be a warning in the WCS to prevent this from happening   i dont think that i am the only one who did this fatal cut'n'paste mishap,

still thanks a lot for your help

Thats nice to hear!! lemme look into it by recreating the same on my device and file a enhancement bug as well!! have a great day!!

lemme know if that answered your question..

Regards

Surendra

====

Please dont forget to rate the posts which answered your question and mark it as answered or was helpfull

Regards
Surendra BG
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: