Views
Helpful
Replies

RF Profile

aesmaeil
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello everyone,

As you may know ,in Singapore Channels 52, 56,60 and 64 are only allowed for indoor use. I am designing a network for a campus that have both indoor and outdoor AP. My question is since Indoor and outdoor APs going to have different usable channels, do I need to create separate RF profile to facilitate this? Or is there any other way that I can achieve the same result.?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The use of AP groups and the specific RF profile is the best way I think. This way you define your channels and any other specific setting you want for indoor vs outdoor since they would have different settings for power and data rates also. Creating an indoor and outdoor AP group makes it easy also to identify the AP's in the list.

-Scott 

*** Please rate helpful posts *** 

-Scott

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The use of AP groups and the specific RF profile is the best way I think. This way you define your channels and any other specific setting you want for indoor vs outdoor since they would have different settings for power and data rates also. Creating an indoor and outdoor AP group makes it easy also to identify the AP's in the list.

-Scott 

-Scott
Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card