Views
Helpful
Replies

Router config with AIR-AP1142N-A-K9

bellaireroad
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I am a beginner and am setting up a simple wireless network at home with a 1941 router and AP1142N.  the router is config with 192.168.1.1 at the G0/1 interface and the LAP is config with 192.168.1.2 at the gigbit port. Both are connected to a procurve switch.  there may be 6 or 7 wireless clients at max activity - mainly iphones and laptops.

what is best practice for the router config?  should the G0/1 be set as a virtual bridge.  should the LAP provide IP addresses to the clients, or should this be handled by the router?  I have been looking for a beginners guide on theory, but have not found much.   Any advice appreciated. Thanks

1 Reply 1

Scott Fella
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is providing dhcp for the wired side? That is what I would use. Usually I would use a dhcp server, then my next choice would be the router then the ap. Also the port the ap is connected to should either be an access port or a trunk port if you need to pass more than on vlans.

Thanks,

Scott Fella

Sent from my iPhone

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: