Views
Helpful
Replies

RSSI Threshold

zappo0305
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

on the WLC, if I set the "RSSI Threshold (-60 to -90 dBm)" value to -70 dBM and I have clients trying to connect at -71dBM or lower, would they still be able to connect?

3 Replies 3

Freerk Terpstra
Level 7
Level 7

I assume that you are talking about the "RSSI Low Check" feature which can be configured under "Global Parameters" of 802.11a/n/ac and 802.11b/g/n.

Yes, "RSSI Low Check" does not let a client associate if the RSSI is under the configured value. If you actively want to disassociates a "weak" client you have to use the "Optimized Roaming" feature. This last one needs to be enabled globally and uses "coverage hole detection" information and configuration with a 6 db hysteresis. Use "Optimized Roaming" with caution and make sure you do some testing before and after making changes.

Please rate useful posts... :-)

Venkatesh Attuluri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Client trying to connect at  above RSSI threshold value specified will not be able to connect

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

Simply , No.

Low RSSI  will not let the client associate if the RSSI is under the configured value.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: