cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Same vlan for native and clients on flexconnect ?

aleopoldie
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I am having issues while having  flexconnect implmentation with 2800 AP's.

Here is my scenario :

I have WLC's on a main site, and some flexconnect AP's 1602 on Site A and flexconnect AP's 2802 on site B.

On site A, I have a SSID which is mapped to the same VLAN as the AP, so I have the VLAN 20 for AP's and clients, all working fine.

On site B, I have the same SSID, with a VLAN that's used for AP's and clients, and this is not working with 2802. Clients are just not getting an IP address.

WLC's are 5508 in HA, running the 8.3.122.0 AireOS.

Have you already encounter this issue ? Is there a limitation on AP's 2802 ?

Thank you,

5 Replies 5

Hi 

Although they are actually different as 1600 is IOS based whilst 1800 is Linux based, they should behave the same as the configuration is performed on the WLC 

Have you tried a different vlan just to confirm?

-If I helped you somehow, please, rate it as useful.-

Yes, with a different VLAN from the native vlan, it's working fine with both 1600 and 2800.

The issue is just happening when I am using the same VLAN on the 2800.

Hi Aleopoldie,

Did you configured interface on the controller for both the VLAN's ? 

Pls give a try on below option, Since you mentioned both AP and Clients are in same VLAN.

1. Map Management interface on the WLAN, Site A and Site B AP group for that WLAN.

2. Don't configure any Native VLAN on the AP. Just make the AP as flex-connect and move to particular group. 

3. If you have done Sticky MAC on the Switch port for port security, Remove that and try connecting to WiFi.

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)

Hi,

I forgot to mention that it’s local switching ssid, so the interface mapped to the ssid does not matter as the client VLAN is defined on the flexconnect configuration.

No port security configured on the switch.

A.

Hi  Aleopoldie,

If the client and AP are on the same VLAN. No need to enable Native VLAN ID under flex-connect option on the AP.

Faced a similar issue for 2700 series AP, where 1140 series is working fine post upgrade to 8.2 version. Later i realized No need to Tag the VLAN ID on the AP if the clients and AP's are in same VLAN. 

So try remove the VLAN tagged on the AP. Am suspecting that could be the issue here.

Regards,
Sathiyanarayanan Ravindran

Please rate the post and accept as solution, if my response satisfied your question:)
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: