cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Setting up 1242 AG as Repeater - i'm stuck! No idea!

marvecs-germany
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there. I've read all the Documentation but did not found any solution ...

I have 3 Aironet 1242 AG running where one acts as root AP, the other two should act as Repeater to increase signal strength and roaming for the Clients (or is there any other way?)

The root AP is working well - my two 7920 phones authenticate to AP, connect to the CCM, all working.

Now i'm about to increase the signal strength by making the other two 1242s as Repeater. When setting the Role of one AP to Repeater, the Interface shuts down (red downward arrow for Software/Hardware) with Message in Event Log "Interface Dot11Radio0, cannot associate: No matching privacy setting (from xxxx.xxxx.xxxx)". I configured Parents mac address, Channel and SSID to infrastructure, the same the root one is using ... i also added MAC address of the repeater onto root access list (Security > Advanced Security > Mac Adress Authentication).

Any hint, idea appreciated!

Kind Regards

Martin

3 Replies 3

jolmo
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Martin

Did you enable aironet extensions?

Did you also designated that SSID as infrastructure in the root AP?

Hope this helps

Hi Jolmo

thanks for your Reply.

Yes, aironet extensions have been enabled.

Forgot to say: there are two VLANS running on the root AP. VLAN2 is voice assigned, while VLAN1 is the native one. When setting VLAN2 as the native and designating SSID infrastructure, my phones loose Call Manager Connection saying "No Network available" ...

Martin

Well, I think you know that repeater AP supports only the native VLAN. You cannot configure multiple VLANs on a repeater.

So why don't you simply configure VLAN2 as native in repeater without changing root?

HTH

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card