Views
Helpful
Replies

Slow 1142n speed

Wouter De Prins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've been searching on the Support community but can't find the solution.

I have two SSID's configured and I want them both on G and N but it looks like the speed is some way limited to 54mbps. I guess the encryption is not the problem as it's ciphers aes-ccm which support higher N-speeds.

If somebody could have a quick look at my running config attached, that should be lovely as 54mpbs is too slow

Many thanks,

Wouter

11 Replies 11

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What channel is your 5 GHz radio set on? Are your clients configured to support 802.11n and 40 MHz channels ?

__________________________________________________________________________________________
"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‎"I'm in a serious relationship with my Wi-Fi. You could say we have a connection."

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

Hi George,

Channel Width: below 40 Mhz.

When I do a scan with inSSIDer, I can see my SSID's and they are only on 802.11g. Rate seems to be limited to 54mpbs.

But I can see some Mac's are connected on 5Ghz...

Let me know if you need more information.

Wouter

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Are you positive your device supports 802.11 n ?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Yes, very positive :)

What kind of device?  Can you specify the wireless NIC model and firmware?

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Wouter,

As per your query i can suggest you the following solution-

I can see it is an issue of QOS,as the speed is very slow.You can configure QOS poicies for incresing the speed.

Configuring QoS

QoS is disabled by default (however, the radio interface always honors tagged 802.1P packets even when you have not configured a QoS policy). This section describes how to configure QoS on your access point. It contains this configuration information.

For more information refer to the link-

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/wireless/access_point/12.4_3g_JA/configuration/guide/s43qos.html#wp1053895

Hope this will help.

Wouter De Prins
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks everybody! Case resolved

Can you share what resolved the issue so others may have a reference in the future.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Wouter De Prins
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've enabled WMM and used the WPA2 security as this is required for N.

I've also enabled the MCS rates which gives a higher data rate.

Regards,

Wouter

Okay is it was really an issue with 802.11n configuration. Thanks for the follow up.

-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card