Views
Helpful
Replies

slow in transmitting data with cisco 3702e AP autonomous

Hasan Nisar
Level 1
Level 1

hello all

I have 3 APs connected, 1 is main AP(root bridge) the other 2 (non-root bridge) running in 2.4GHz band

one of the non-root AP is about 1km distance and the other is about 600meter, so the problem is with transferring the data that is slow and get disconnected with high ping.

when changing the channels some times works well and then having the same problem.

is there any hint to solve this issue to increase the bandwidth or anything please?

also if some one can give me the 5GHz band configuration to configure them with  5GHz band

Best Regards...

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

First of all you need to clear Line of sight and since its public frequency outdoor have more interferience in the channels

have you had any external anntenna for this ? personall i go for better performnace and raise the highet of line of site for clear view.

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/products/collateral/wireless/aironet-antennas-accessories/solution-overview-c22-734002.pdf

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

yes there is a clear line of site between them, and using iANT221 2x2 external antennas and using BEST RANGE type of Data Rates and the ping become good and then get to +1000ms ping with request time out from while to while.
is there any way to solve this issue?

Yeah, don't use Wi-Fi for outdoor long-range connections. There are other products, not using Wi-Fi, but other signal coding for much better reach/speed.
Otherwise you will not have much success. Also for 5 GHz, that offers even lower reach typically than 2.4 GHz, but might be less crowded, which offers again a little bit more range.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card