Views
Helpful
Replies

SNR and RSSI Values.

k_sinjish
Level 1
Level 1

HI ,

What is the  tha average ,minimum and maximum  values of  SNR(Signal to noice ratio ) and RSSI (Received Signal Strength Indicator ) in  cisco  access points   .

And how it is depends on the client connectivity with the Access point.

Thanks & Regards,

Sinjish.K      

35 Replies 35

Best explanation I have ever seen regarding this topic! Thanks!

This is RF theory in a nutshell. Very well articulated Kayle

Pls correct about SNR as below:

S+ -N  is a wrong math equation. S-(-N) is corect equation _ -55- -95 = -55+95=40db

If your signal and noise measurements are already in dB form, simply subtract the noise figure from the main signal: S - N. Because when you subtract logarithms, it is the same as dividing normal numbers. The difference of the numbers is the SNR.

k_sinjish
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kayle ,

It is highly explanatory and really helpful.

Thanks a lot

Thanks & Regards,

Sinjish.K

Abhishek Abhishek
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The received signal strength indicator (RSSI) represents the value in dBm of the signal strength at which a wireless packet is received. Figure 4 shows the scatter plot of approximately 200 RSSI values received at the WSM and primary radio collected from different points. The primary radio is the internal radio of Cisco Aironet 3600i.

Figure 4.      RSSI Comparison between WSM and Primary Radio

Figure 4 shows the high degree of correlation between the RSSI for the two radios. On average, the RSSIs received by the primary radio are about 2 dB stronger than the corresponding RSSIs from the WSM. This clearly indicates that the WSM has similar coverage to that of the Cisco 3600i access point.

gohussai
Level 4
Level 4

Check the table below.

http://www.cisco.com/image/gif/paws/68666/wireless-site-survey-faq-1.gif

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card