Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

spam_vendor_specific_payload(185) witch length=9 failed on WLC 2504

messageImage_1597802436033.jpg

My WLC model is AIR-CT2504-K9 and firmware version 8.5.135.0

when i found this log some ap are often toggle join between WLC-1 and WLC-2. and on wlc02 has log on image too.

this is bug?

how to resolv this problem?

8 Replies 8

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Probably a bug , indeed, try later controller release for  your platform if feasible and applicable. Choose advisory release  if marked as such.

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Thanks for reply.

Can anyone prove this more?

now i don't have solution for solve this problem.

So have you already upgraded to for example 8.5.161.0?

no, now software version is 8.5.135.0,
if is problem need to upgrade version, this action must be a plan, since it has a broad impact.
( now, AP joined to this WLC 53units )
I want to be sure this action will fix the problem.

You should have a lab or test environment to do this. That is the only way you can be ensured that the problem is fixed or not. Not everyone has the same setup as you nor should you depend on someone else’s testing that may or may not work for you.
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***

Thanks for your advice.
I really can't figure out how to test it because it has a broader impact on how the customer works.
Now, I think I should plan to Upgrade and check for problems after upgrading.

Typically you would try to reproduce this in a lab. Mandy do have a lab so they can test new code and or features before even trying to deploy or make changes. You should reference this link:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/wireless/wireless-lan-controller-software/200046-tac-recommended-aireos.html#anc3

Also the forum for advice which you have done. When you say AP’s move from one controller to another, do you have high availability configured on every ap? Do you have any port user experience from this or is it just the logs that is bugging you?
-Scott
*** Please rate helpful posts ***
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card