cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Syslog fetching secondary WLC logs

shreyasathavale
Level 1
Level 1

We have a typical SSO WLC architecture in our network and a configured syslog server. But from the past few days, we are receiving logs from the Hot-standby WLC instead of the active primary WLC.

Also, the logs from the hot-standby WLC are not full in size, they are the minimal ones.

Our WLC's are on version 8.2.151.0.

Can anyone help?

5 Replies 5

Divya
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

That is expected, the Secondary WLC will communicate to Syslog & NTP server using the Redundancy-management IP.

However, it shouldn't affect the Primary WLC syslog logging details. Please double confirm that you don't see any messages on Syslog from the Primary WLC?

Regards,

Divya

yeah, i agree to you that the secondary should also send the logs.

The only problem here is we are not receiving a single log file from the primary one.

We also tested configuring a local syslog server (my machine) and configuring it in the primary WLC.

Unfortunately, the logs which were fetched on my machine through tftps were from the secondary one.

Hmmm.. That's weird!

Both of the Controllers are configured for the same Syslog server? Is the logging level is configured as required?

Was there any recent upgrade/changes on WLC?

Regards,

Divya

Yes, both the controllers are pointed towards a single syslog server.
We upgraded our WLC to 8.2.151.0 a month ago.
But even after the upgrade we were receiving logs from the primary WLC, it stopped a week ago.

Alright!

Please delete and re-add the same Syslog server. Enable the logging level as "7" and then check.

Regards,

Divya

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card